Saturday, May 8, 2010

Barber talk

'Round About Midnight With Josh Peskowitz from Jake Davis.

What struck a chord:

"It's a barber, so it's a little more personal. The dude is definitely taking a straight razor to your neck. There's an amount of trust that goes there."

"If it did right for my pops and if it did right for my grandfather, then it's good enough for me."

"Style is based on classic principles. Things that definitely are known to work, and how you then apply those principles to yourself and your own unique individual spin. Sometimes people get worn by clothes instead of wearing clothes."

"...doing what feels right yourself. Style is an extension of how you carry yourself."

There's certainly something raw and edgy about a barber shop. I might just hit the barber for my next hair visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment