Friday, May 27, 2011

Step into the big world


Double monk strap Lowndes from Crockett & Jones. Priced at MYR $1259 from P. Lal here in Malaysia. Now, that's pricey for myself. But a working man's gotta have some sturdy and sleek looking shoes, no?

Here's how I justify the purchase. Assuming that I live to a modest age of 60, that should give me a remaining 36 years, with a total of 1872 weeks. Then, if I wear these stunning shoes 3 times a week, just so I don't kill them, and with lots of tender loving care with the polishing and maintenance, that would give me:

36 x 1872 x 3 = 5616 wears.

Now, price per wear = $1259/5616 = $0.22

22 cents per wear. With this rather rudimentary method of calculation, I think buying these is pretty justifiable. Not that I'm seeking for anyone's approval anyway. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment