Monday, December 19, 2011

Sprouts


"If I really wanted the music to go there, the best way would be to listen. This is a science of 'Listening'. It has far more to do with what I can perceive than what it is that I can do. So if I want the music to get to a certain level of intensity, the first step for me is to be patient, to listen to what's going on and pull from something that's going on around me. When you do that, you engage and inspire the other musicians and they give you more, and gradually it builds...

...It's a totally different experience when I'm pulling ideas. It's much more organic. It's much more nuanced. It's not about bullying my vision or anything like that. It's about being here in the moment and accepting one another, and allowing creativity to flow."

No comments:

Post a Comment